Aims & Objectives
Shin Gi Ruh has 5 main aims and objectives
related to sport and young people
- To promote the 2000 year old martial art, Muay Thai (Thai Boxing) as a sport.
- To provide young people and adults, especially from disadvantaged backgrounds, with the opportunity to gain and enjoy the benefits of Muay Thai, including arts of self-defence, self-discipline and health and fitness.
- To provide young people with a range of other recreational activities for their leisure and positive self-development.
- To promote understanding and respect between young people and adults from all different backgrounds, locally, regionally and nationally.
- To provide additional facilities and opportunities for young people in some of the most deprived wards in Blackburn, East Lancashire.
At Shin Gi Ruh we also promote excellence in the sport and over the years we have been delighted to celebrate some notable successes. Among others, we can boast:
- The 7 year old British champion
- Regional champions
- Shin Gi Ruh team selected to represent England in the 2007
- Muay Thai World Championships in Thailand
- Numerous fighter and bouts of the day in competitions
- 30 plus members regularly competing in regional and national competitions